How To Choose The Best Vape Kits For Beginners
There are plenty of reasons to make the switch from conventional cigarettes to e-cigarettes. E-cigarettes are less of a health risk, and have the ability to adjust nicotine levels make vaping a highly personalized experience. There’s even a community of dedicated vapers to connect with, many of whom will support you if your ultimate goal is to quit smoking. But we don’t need to tell you of all of the reasons to start vaping. Chances are, if you’re reading this article, you’re more interested in the how than the why. This article will help you choose the best vape kits for beginners.
Find Out Which Products Are Available
Shopping for a vaping device can get downright technical with the number of options available. If you’re not sure where to start looking, you can find a range of vape kits at vapeandjuice.co.uk. Here are the main styles of vape kits you will encounter:
- Cig-a-likes: As you might guess from the name, these lightweight devices are as close to the conventional cigarette smoking experience as you can get. The form is similar to a cigarette, with the main drawback being that they’re not refillable and are disposable.
- Pod Systems: A step up from Cig-a-likes, pod systems offer the same portability with the capacity to refill. You can choose disposable cartridges, which are easier but cost more in the long run, or you can choose refillable cartridges that you can fill yourself.
- Vape Pens: The classic style of vaping device, vape pens are around the size of a highlighter. They’re still easier to carry and offer more chance for personalization and have a longer battery life. The machinery of a vape pen will be more complex, but there’s the chance to switch out different elements of the device.
- Box Mods: These kits offer the longest battery life and highest degree of personalization. However, they’re the bulkiest option and can be a bit overwhelming for beginners.
Familiarize Yourself With How They Work
Knowing a bit about vape anatomy can help you figure out how to safely enjoy vaping and get the most out of your experience. Here are the parts of your vape:
- Tank: This is where you load e-pod or e-fluid. If you’re looking to load your vape with something other than nicotine, there are products on the market for a wide range or uses, including CBD vape products to help you enjoy your CBD experience.
- Battery: The power source of your vape, the battery provides the heat that makes the device run. Battery life varies between models.
- Coil: The coil absorbs liquid from your tank and transmits heat from the battery. It then heats up the liquid, vaporizing it for you to inhale. The standard resistance for coils is 1 ohm or greater, though experienced vapers will go for coils of lower resistance.
- Drip Tip: Once the e-fluid is vaporized, it will pass through the mouthpiece, known as the drip tip, into your mouth and lungs.
More advanced vaping devices will allow you to switch out each of these components to build the device best suited for you. Being familiar with these parts will also help you pick a good beginner kit and clean it once you have it!
Determine The Kind Of Vaper You Are
Once you decide to make the switch to vaping, you will need to consider why you’re making the switch in the first place. Are you looking for a healthier experience? Do you plan to cut down on nicotine intake? Are you looking to personalize your experience to the max? Are you looking to vape CBD or other substances rather than nicotine e-pods? Answering these questions will help you select the best beginner kit for you needs.
Beginner vapers also should reflect on their smoking habits, as this will help determine what kind of kit they should purchase. Vaping is a bit different than smoking, and there are two main habits when vaping:
- Mouth-to-Lung (MTL) vaping resembles conventional smoking habits. The user first inhales the vapor through the mouth before drawing it into their lungs. Beginner vape kits with higher coil resistance are great for this approach, which is also recommended for higher nicotine intake levels.
- Direct-to-Lung (DTL) vaping is more common among experienced vapers, wherein vapors are directly inhaled into their lungs, allowing them to experience superior flavor on the exhale. Lower resistance coils and lower nicotine levels are more suitable for this style of vaping, as high heat and nicotine levels can make the vapor too harsh.
The Bottom Line
Vaping is an excellent alternative to smoking as it offers reduced health risks, increased personalization and, ultimately, reduced costs. By being aware of these factors, you can pinpoint your needs as a beginner vaper and find the best vape kit for you.